Wednesday 30 May 2012

Reading Journal task 2

Choose ONE character from the book that you're currently reading.  Try to imagine being them; how do you feel?  What is your relationship like with other characters in the book?  What kind of personality do you have?

Write a diary entry for your character, from whereever you are in the book.  Remember that you are writing in the first person ('I woke up feeling awful...').

Begin with 'Dear Diary...'

To really get under the skin of the character, try to use some of the vobulary that they use, so that you capture their 'voice'.

Post in the comments box how you found this task; was it easy or difficult?  Why?  Was the character's voice clear?


Mrs Roberts

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    This is Tamsin:
    I found this task quite hard, as the book I am reading is written in first person, and I did not choose the protagonist for my diary entry. I also struggled to make "Jem's" voice clear, but taking quotes from the poem did help with this. WARNING: My entry is VERY long!!! :)

    Tamsin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this is Tamsin its not a poem its a book sorry must have been studying "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" too hard! ;)

      Tamsin xx

      Delete
  2. This is Martha-
    I found it quite hard as the author of the book I am reading does not describe the characters so much, but the situations they find themselves in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey: Tiara Here.

    I didn't find this too hard as I especially enjoy these types of writing, and enjoying the book is a tiny advantadge too. Getting under my characters skin is quite hard as she changes to much depending on her suroundings. My entry isn't very long (in fact it's quite short) but it's quality not quantity and I tried my best so it probably won't be too bad.

    ReplyDelete